Hope you all are doing well, In sha Allah
It’s been so long I’ve written here, just been super occupied with all the pending chores, back to back guests.
Winter is approaching and we need to gear up to keep ours and our little ones skin protected
Winter and dry skin go hand in hand and you need to take utmost care when it comes to kids
I’ve listed down a few tips that work for us
- Avoid giving a bath everyday and ensure you use any baby product that is hydrating and doesn’t dry out skin any further I have been glued to the Top to Toe wash from Johnsons Baby and we have been loving it.
- Keeping the skin well moisturised is the most important step. Use a moisturiser immediately after bath so that the moisture in the skin stays locked in. Johnson Baby lotion does the trick for us. We use it twice a day and it keeps us away from dry skin
- Don’t bundle up your kids with too many layers of clothes as that can lead to irritation because of the sweating
- Use regular coconut oil on the lips to avoid dry and chapped lips
- Keep the ears warm and covered as that will prevent the little one to catch cold easily
- Trim your baby’s nails regularly as sometimes dry skin will itch and lead them to scratch
- Avoid using talcum powder around the nappy area as that can increase the rash and dryness. Use Johnson Baby Skincare Wipes. They are completely soap and alcohol free. Dab a little coconut oil around the diaper area to keep it moisturised
These are tips and tricks that work for us, I would love to hear what works for you too
Until next time